Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

    (Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Author Message
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

George P. Dorris, IV (Gpd4)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 10:44 pm:   

Since your machine has no body, I'm not sure which seal you are talking about. On mine, there is an open cap bolted through the body into the frame. Inside that cap there is a little oil seal, then a little plastic ring that I am going to replace with a Teflon/Kevlar cord, then a rubber gasket, then the body, the snap ring, bearing and another seal. The one you are asking about, I assume, is the inner seal. It's a National Oil seal # 471651 I believe, and to the best of my knowledge, it's there to keep the grease from the outer zerk fitting from going all over the place inside the hull. It should press right into that aluminum bearing carrier that's bolted to the frame.

I'm still waiting for a couple of parts to get mine back together....

Good luck - I'd love to see some pics when you get another camera...