Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

    (Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Author Message
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Missouri's Max and Argo Dealer
Advanced Member
Username: Brandon_price

Post Number: 108
Registered: 01-2005
Posted From:

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 03:12 pm:   

Missouri regulations are somewhat complicated for our amphibious ATVs. That's because there are so few of our vehicles that they don't care to include them within any laws. Bascially, amphibious vehicles are considered watercraft so you can register your Argo as a boat to use on public lakes. Our amphibs are not ATVs under the law. You'll need boat registration to use your Argo on a public lake with an outboard motor for sure. You will pay sales tax on your vehicle at the license office if you register as a boat. There is another law that says you do NOT need to be registered if your vehicle is "propelled soley by paddles". A state water patrol has told me our vehicles are legal for use on state waterways with no registration because of this law. However, it's still easy to get busted since some officers don't know that law! I also have a paper stating that an amphibious vehicle trasporting eight passengers OR cargo can be driven on a state roadway to reach the water. Again, easy to get busted by officers who know nothing of our vehicles or these laws. Get these papers and carry them with you if you plan to do it often. Private land is the best place to ride our amphibs. That's why I support owners of private land like Rockport that welcome our 6x6s.